Sunday 1 June 2014

Hello Watford!

I've just arrived at Mercure Watford hotel to start my Stanmore rehab programme tomorrow.  I'm pretty nervous about it all but I know I'm lucky to be here and I'm determined to make the most of it.

My room is Ok, a little tired and dated but its quite big and has everything I need (although more storage space and power sockets would be nice).  The only problem I've encountered so far was actually getting to my room.  The hotel layout is a bit strange with the reception and dining room on the ground floor and rooms on the lower ground floor.  I arrived on my mobility scooter but and was given a room on the lower ground floor but the lift was broken so I was taken around the back of the building only to find there was no ramp to get up the kerb tothe pavement.  So I went back to reception and eventually they found someone to take me around the other side of the building to get in a side door and I made it to my room.  Reception gave me a courtesy call just to check everything was ok, which was nice.

So this place is going to be my home until Friday.  I'm missing my husband and the kids already but at least I can message them on the Internet :)  I'll post tomorrow and let you know how I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment